1. Name and contact details of the controller
Mr. Christian Leitmann, attorney-at-law
Tel. 0049 (0) 6222 5719330
Fax. 0049 (0) 6222 5719339
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as the nature and purpose of their use
When you visit our website www.eu-lawyers.com, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until automated deletion:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- used browser and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The data mentioned are processed by us for the following purposes:
- ensuring a smooth connection of the website,
- ensuring comfortable use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability as well
- for further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 (1) Clause 1 f GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the data collection purposes listed above. In no case we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
3. Data Disclosure
A transfer of your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below does not take place.
We only share your personal information with third parties if:
- you have given express consent to according to Art. 6 (1) Clause 1 a GDPR,
- the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR is required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding interest in not disclosing your data,
- if disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 (1) Clause 1 c GDPR is a legal obligation, and
- this is legally permissible and, according to Art. 6 (1) Clause 1 b GDPR is required for the settlement of contractual relationships with you.
The cookie will save the information related to your terminal equipment. However, that does not imply that will receive knowledge about your identity.
It helps us improve and personalize our service and content to better meet your needs and make the site more enjoyable, efficient and secure to use. We also use session cookies in order to establish if you already visited individual pages of our website. Upon leaving the page this information will be automatically deleted.
Furthermore, in order to optimize our website, we also use user-friendly temporary Cookies that will be a saved for a while on your terminal equipment. Upon returning to our website, these cookies enable us to automatically recognise that you have visited us before and identify your preferred entries and settings
On the other hand, we use these cookies for statistical purposes and in order to optimize our offer (see Pt. 5). These cookies make it possible for us to automatically identify if you have already visited our website. These cookies will be deleted after a defined period.
The data processed through cookies are required to safeguard our legitimate interests and those of third parties according to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 clause f of GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser in such a way that no cookies can be saved or so that you are always asked for permission before cookies are save. However, deactivating cookies may prevent you from using all our website features.
The following tracking measures that we use are implemented in accordance with Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 clause f of GDPR. Upon using these tracking measures, we want to ensure a needs-based design and the continuous optimization of our website. On the other hand, we use them for statistical purposes and in order to optimize our offer. These are legitimate interests in the meaning of the before-mentioned regulation.
The data processing purposes and categories are gathered from the tracking-tools.
We also use Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc. in order to ensure a needs-based design and the continuous optimization of our website (https://www.google.de/ intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereafter „Google“). In this context pseudonymised user profiles will be created and Cookies (see Pt. 4) will be used. The information generated by the cookie concerning your use of this website, like
- operating system,
- Referrer-URL (previously visited page),
- Hostname of accessing computer (IP-Address),
- time of server inquiry,
are transmitted to Google in the USA, where they are in turn stored. The gathered information will be used in order to analyse your usage of the website, to create reports on website activities and to deliver other services related to website and internet usage for purposes of market research and demand-oriented design. Google may also transfer this information to third parties, where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process. no case, the web analysis services shall associate your IP address with other data of the web analysis services. IP addresses are stored exclusively anonymously so that an identification of the user is not possible. (IP-Masking).
Although you can adjust your browser software to prevent the installation of cookies, we would point out that if you do so, you might not be able to make full use of all the functions on this website.
Furthermore, you can prevent Google from collecting your information through the cookies, by accessing our website (including your IP Address), and from processing this data by downloading and installing a Browser-Add-On (https:// tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
An alternative to Browser-Add-On, especially when browsing on your final equipment, to prevent data collection by Google Analytics, by clicking on https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. An Opt-out-Cookie will be set, so that it would prevent future data collection when revisiting out website. The Opt-out-Cookie will only be available for this Browser, only for our website and only enable on your final equipment. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the Opt-out-Cookie again.
For more information about data protection related to Google Analytics, see the Google Analytics Help Centre (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/ 6004245?hl=de).
Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
We also use Google conversion tracking to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our website. Thereby Google Adwords sets a cookie (see pt. 4) on your computer, if you have reached our website via a Google ad.
If the user visits certain pages of the Adwords customer’s website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the customer can recognize that the user clicked on the ad and was redirected to this page.
Each Adwords customer receives a different cookie. Cookies cannot be tracked via the websites of Adwords customers. The information gathered using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for Adwords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. Adwords customers see the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a conversion tracking tag page. However, they do not receive information that personally identifies users.
6. Data subject rights
You have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been disclosed or the planned storage period, the right to rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of a complaint right, the origin of the data, if they were not collected from us, as well as the existence of an automated decision-making including profiling and possibly require meaningful information on their details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR to demand the rectification of incorrect or completed personal data stored by us immediately;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us, except where the processing is for the purpose of exercising the right to free expression and information, to fulfill a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims is required;
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, if the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject their deletion and we no longer need the data, but you to assert, exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR to receive your personal data provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another person responsible;
- in accordance with Art. 7 (3) GDPR, to revoke your once given consent to us at any time. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent for the future, and
- in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR to complain to a supervisory authority. Usually you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our law office.
7. The right of objection
If your personal data are being processed based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 f GDPR, you have the right to file an objection against the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct mail. In the latter case, you have a general right to objection, which is implemented by us without any specific situation.
If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Data Security
We use the widely used Secure Socket Layer (SSL) method in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. In general, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we’ll use a different encryption technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is encrypted is shown by the closed representation of the key or lock icon in the lower status bar of your browser.
Moreover, we use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties. Our safety measures are continually being improved in accordance with technological developments.